Since my migration to PHP 5 revealed a problem with the ancient Lilina 0.7 my interest in Lilina has been rekindled. As I said, I am quite hopeful because I would like to keep using Lilina for small aggregations and avoid deploying the more complex Gregarius where its better scalability is not needed. What first attracted me toward Lilina still holds true.
I started by checking out the development version from Google Code and I deployed it on a handful of small aggregations such as my personal feed. I then immediately started gently pestering the project lead about a few bugs, first by mail and then using the nice Google Code Lilina issue tracker. Ryan Mc Cue has been very responsive and very nice. I look forward making my small contributions in helping him bring Lilina toward 1.0
A year has passed since Ryan announced his intentions. He has already done a lot but his roadmap for Lilina 1.0 is very ambitious so there is still a lot of work remaining. At the current pace it may take a few more months, but this is a journey I am eager to follow : I like Lilina and since I am a novice PHP coder I am quite happy whenever I find a project I like and to which I can give a little help. I am actually quite proud of being mentioned in the credits for having brought RSS output to Lilina : it was the first time I had some of my code included in a significant project.